Widecombe-in-the-Moor Primary School has a uniform for these reasons:-
- To give children an identity related to their school
- To promote pride in the school
- To present the best image of the school to other schools and the community
- To help parents avoid conflict over dress and reduce cost
- To minimise risks to health and safety
The uniform is:
- Royal blue sweatshirt or cardigan with school logo
- Yellow or royal blue polo shirt with school logo
- Grey or black shorts, trousers/ pinafore dresses or skirt
- Blue gingham dresses in summer
- Sensible, sturdy footwear.
- blue shorts
- white T-shirt
- track suits can be useful during the winter
This should be in school every day. It is helpful if it can be kept in a separate, named bag.
Swimming kit is also needed during the Spring and Summer Term.
Please help the school staff by ensuring that all items of clothing are clearly named.
Jewellery should be limited to watches and stud earrings for those with pierced ears. For health and safety reasons, earrings must be removed or taped over during P.E. lessons.
Parents can now order school uniform in two ways:-
Uniform is ordered by parents up to a specified deadline date (currently 5th July). Orders are usually collated once a month, the uniform items are delivered to school and sent home with your child when they arrive.
Uniform items are available to order via the Tesco Embroidery Service website and are delivered directly to parents.
If you have any problems with the ordering process or need further information please email Barbara.
We have copies of sizing guides in school and a small stock of new uniform (polo shirts, sweatshirts and cardigans) is available to buy in the school office, together with bookbags (£2.00) and water bottles (£1.00). We also have stocks of second hand uniform which can be bought for a small donation to school funds.