Learning at Home
Whilst there are plenty of academic activities to explore below, maintaining mental well-being is just as important. Please have a look at these Supporting Mental Health During Coronavirus and Managing Anxiety Home Toolkit documents before you explore the resources below.
We would also urge to spend time reading or sharing books, putting aside some time each day to engage in reading, discussing meanings of words and enjoying a story is a powerful learning opportunity.
- Oxford Owl: create a free log in to access reading books and activities
- BBC Bitesize: links to learning in all areas of the curriculum
- Pobble: Pobble has some suggested, non-screen activities.
- RWInc Phonics: this is a link to how to say the sounds to support any phonics activities. If you child is in Y1 or Reception some regular practice throughout the day will help them learn the sounds.
- Times Table Rockstars: practice your multiplications to your hearts content! Your teachers will set you challenges along the way.
- Numbots: Interactive number fluency for Reception and KS1
- MyMaths: Interactive maths resources designed to increase mathematical fluency
- Dartmoor School Sport Partnership have produced a leaflet with some ideas for keeping kids and families active during Covid-19 virus isolation
- Sing Up at Home: free resources to keep children learning and singing outside of school.
We will continue to update this page with links so please keep checking.