After School Clubs
Spring Term 2019
To enable After School Clubs to run as safely and enjoyably as possible for all concerned, new guidelines have been introduced and the policy set out below has been drawn up. Children wishing to join clubs must have a slip signed by their parents to enable them to take part. Some clubs will have limited spaces. If the number of children wanting to join a club exceeds the limit, a waiting list will be set up and membership will be restricted to half a term. A club will need a minimum of 7 children to continue to operate.
After School Clubs Policy
This document sets out the responsibilities of all those concerned with organising and taking part in After School Clubs at Widecombe Primary School.
The Club’s responsibilities are to: -
- Ensure that the children are appropriately supervised throughout the period of their attendance and at the end of Club meetings
- Promote acceptable behaviour by children by their own example
- Ensure the health and safety of children attending the Club
The Parent’s responsibilities are to: -
- Be aware that Club leaders and the school cannot be held responsible for any accident or incident occurring to their child provide reasonable risk assessments have been carried out.
- Enrol their child/ren by signed slip, to a Club of their choice, for a minimum of half a term
- Ensure that their child/ren are collected promptly at the end of the Club, from the main school entrance hall, and inform the Club leader when they leave with their child
- Check at lunchtime during extreme weather conditions if a Club will run that day
- Be aware that club leaders or the school cannot be held responsible for any accidents or incidents occurring to their child providing reasonable risk assessment has been carried out
The Children’s responsibilities are to: -
- Understand that the outdoor play area is strictly out of bounds after 3.30pm
- Tell the Club leader if they need to leave the room/field/garden area for any reason
- Behave in the same way that would be expected of them during normal school hours
The School’s responsibilities are to: -
- Ensure that there is a member of staff present on the school premises during all Club activities
- Ensure that all Club staff have undergone the necessary checks for suitability to be involved in a Club for children
- Ensure that third party insurance is in place to cover the approved activities that are organised during the After School Clubs.